I woke up today on this beautiful bright day and realised how lucky I am. It’s funny how a simple change of weather or a few rays of sun can affect your day and positivity.
“Gratitude means to recognize the good in your life, be thankful for whatever you have, some people may not even have one of those things you consider precious to you (love, family, friends etc). Each day give thanks for the gift of life.You are blessed”
Today I wanted to make a list of all the things I am thankful for in my life:
1. Love – as Mahatma Ghandi once said ‘where there is love there is life’ and how true these words ring. Without all the love I have in my life I wouldn’t be where I am.
2. Family – as crazy as family can drive you they form the foundations of who you are. I am blessed to now be a part of my husbands family who is equally as amazing as my own. I’m especially in love with the beautiful little babies who have recently joined us. “Family is the most important thing in the world.” – Princess Diana
3. Friends – they keep you smiling through the good, bad, sad and downright hilarious times. I have some amazing, kooky and weird friends but they all know me for me, may our friendships reign long and true.
“A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.”
― Elbert Hubbard
4. Faith – I strongly believe in God and I turn to Him often. I believe God soothes your heart when your in pain, forgives you when you ask, brings happiness into your life and blesses you more than you think. Everything He does is for a reason and I am thankful to God for everything He has given me. As Martin Luther once said ” All who call on God in true faith, earnestly from the heart, will certainly be heard, and will receive what they have asked and desired.”
5. Teaching – I love my career and I feel it is so right for me, its something i am very passionate about. I love the feeling I get when children finally get something and that little light of understanding is turned on. I equally love learning as I go along.
“By learning you will teach;
by teaching you will understand.”
6. Health – I’m very lucky to have always had good health. You always see so many illnesses and diseases that people suffer for each day so this is definitely something to be grateful for.
7. Food – I luuuurve food! Usually the indulgent, belly satisfying stuff. I ESPECIALLY love my mums home made food, when your starving there’s nothing better to fill your belly on home cooked food made with a mothers love. Also…”All we need is love but a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt” – Charles M Schulz. 😉
8 – Sunshine – the warms rays of the sun can warm up your heart! I love
spring leading into summer as it means so much fun amazing stuff. Colourful clothes, lazy walks, ice creams, holidays, being happy, games, days out, water, sandals and lots more.
“The sun lay like a friendly arm across her shoulder.” Margorie Kinnan Rawlings
9. Fun – there is always time for fun. As adults we sometimes take life toooooo seriously and it’s nice to just let your hair down and go crazy! Since being married I’ve had lots of fun and intend to continue to do so, you only live once (as the youngsters say so often), so make the most of it, laugh like there’s no tomorrow and let loose the fun monster from within.
“If you obey all the rules you miss all the fun'” Katherine Hepburn.
10. You – if it wasn’t for all you readers I wouldn’t be able to tell you what I’m thankful for today! So thank YOU for reading my little blog and keeping me smiling with all your lovely comments!
What are you thankful for? Do let me know! X